Laser Lipolysis (the initial SmartLipo procedure)
As from January 2009 Selston Cosmetic Clinic will be offering
Vaser Lipo Liposuction only, as from our experience the results are far superior
than XP LipoLaser / Advanced SmartLipo.
This page is for information only.
As seen on BBC and GMTV
Laser Lipolysis ( SmartLipo) is a revolutionary and minimally invasive procedure for the removal of fat. It is a Laser body sculpturing procedure which uses a high powered laser and has less recovery time and side effects compared to traditional liposuction surgery.
How does Laser Lipolysis (SmartLipo) work ?
♦ A very small cannula containing a laser fibre is inserted into the skin. This delivers laser energy which causes the fat cells to rupture. The melted liquid fat is then gently removed by suction and massage.
♦ The Laser energy also interacts with the skin to cause skin tightening over the new body shape.
♦ The procedure is performed under local anaesthesia.
♦ The laser energy also causes the small blood vessels to coagulate immediately on contact. This results in less bleeding, swelling, bruising and a quicker recovery time.
Who is suitable for Laser Lipolysis (SmartLipo) ?
● If you have stubborn areas of fat resistant to diet and exercise. Laser Lipolyses can remove 500mls of fat per area at any one time.This is the size of a large fist.
● Be in good health
● Have realistic expectations.
What body regions can be treated with Laser Lipolysis (SmartLipo) ?
These areas can be treated:
♦ Double chins
♦ Outer thighs
♦ Love handles
♦ Upper arms
♦ Inner thighs
How many treatments will I need with Laser Lipolysis (SmartLipo) ?
For most patients, typically only one treatment is required. The session lasts from 45 min to 1 hour per area to be treated. A second treatment if required needs to be 4 months after the initial treatment.
Post treatment instructions and advice.
■ After treatment you will have minimal pain or bruising, most patients are able to return to work the next day.
■ You have to wear a compression undergarment for 2 – 4 weeks depending on the procedure.
■ You are encouraged to have a healthy diet and exercise lifestyle, as the fat cells are removed from an area, they will not return, however fat can still be put on other areas that have not been treated.
When can I see results with Laser Lipolysis ?
The results are immediate and there is continuous improvement over the next 6 months.
What are the advantages of Laser Lipolysis (SmartLipo)?
● Minimal recovery time – that is why is it referred to as the lunchtime Liposuction procedure
● Minimal discomfort
● It causes less bleeding and bruising than traditional liposuction which is a more aggressive procedure.
● Less trauma - compared to traditional Liposuction. The tiny fibre optic cannula is inserted through small punctures in the skin usually along skin creases that conceal the scar. After a few months it would be hard to find the insertion points or tell by looking at the skin that any liposuction has been done.
● Safety - Laser lipolysis is less invasive than traditional liposuction surgery.
I have heard there are new advanced laser lipolysis procedures superceding SmartLipo .... is that true?
■ Yes ... the next generation of SmartLipo procedures are:
■ XP LipoLaser
■ Advanced SmartLipo
■ Advanced Laser Lipo
WE OFFER - XP LipoLaser. (Xtra Performance Lipo Laser)