Skin ageing is a fact of life, due to a number of internal processes the skin ages.
- Is Thinner - In ageing skin the rate of skin cell turnover is reduced, resulting in thinner crepe like skin.
- Sags - There is less production of elastin (elastic fibres for suppleness) and collagen (dense fibres for strength), therefore the ageing skin is vulnerable to the effects of gravity. This for example results in jowls and bags under the eyes.
- Is Wrinkly - This is a consequence of the ageing skin being thin, also having reduced elastin & collagen.
- Has Age Spots - This is when pigment cells in the skin increase in certain areas and cluster together resulting in sun spots, freckles or liver spots.
- Is Dry - The ageing skin has fewer sweat glands and oil glands, therefore it is prone to dryness.
- Has Facial Thread Veins - The blood vessels in ageing thin skin are more likely to break, bruise or become permanently dilated.
The skin ageing process is accelerated by:
- Sun damage (Photo Ageing) is probably responsible for 80% of skin ageing. UVA rays emitted by the sun breakdown collagen & elastin and stimulate the production of skin pigment cells resulting in age spots.
- Pollution and the environment.
- Stress and lack of sleep.
Selston Cosmetic Clinic provides the latest cutting edge, safe and effective cosmetic medical treatments for anti-ageing of the skin.
- Our experienced and fully trained aesthetic team will advise you from a range of treatments.
- Your treatment plan will be tailored specifically for you - from solo treatments or combining different treatments.
The following treatments are available for Aging Skin. Please click on the images below to see the treatment pages.